Mission and Key Principles
The ICC has adopted the Mission and Key Principles of the WV Birth to Three system.
WV Birth to Three partners with families and caregivers to build upon their strengths by offering coordination, supports and resources to enhance children’s learning and development.
- Infants and toddlers learn best within trusting relationships and through participation in everyday experiences.
- All families, with responsive and individualized supports and resources, can enhance their children’s learning and development.
- The primary role of practitioners and service coordinators is to partner with and coach family members and caregivers in meeting children’s needs.
- The early intervention process reflects the preferences, learning styles, cultural beliefs, and changing needs of each child and family.
- The needs and priorities of children and families are the basis of functional and measurable Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) outcomes.
- Teams communicate and collaborate effectively to meet the changing needs of the child and family.
- Approaches to support children and families are founded on evidence-based practices, best available research and relevant laws and regulations.
PSST! Hey Parents!
To contact us:
99 Edmiston Way, Ste. 201
Buckhannon, WV 26201